Gone are the days when employees can only be productive while in front of an office desk. Recently, floating desks have become popular because they are a great alternative to the traditional choice. They promote good health because the workers do not need to spend eight hours a day sitting down. They are also the perfect choice for smaller offices. If you would like to bring floating desks to your office, read the list below for some tips on floating desk installation in order to maximize not just space but productivity as well.
- Ensure that the product you got is from a reputable source – first of all before you start floating desk installation all over the office, make sure that the product you have is sturdy and durable. There might be several models of a floating desk available in the market today, but you need to make sure that you purchase it from a company that can be trusted. Some may opt for cheaper ones so that they can buy more, but it might backfire when you find that it is not sturdy and some of your office equipment becomes damaged. Check the company you are eyeing and look for reviews on how trusted their products are before you make any purchase.
- Make sure that it will not be in a pathway – floating desks are perfect for small offices. They do not take up too much space, unlike the traditional office desks. But when you are planning to install floating desk, make sure to choose spaces that will not be in the way of other people. If you put them in hallways, not only will whoever is working there be in the middle of an area where people might be walking through, they may also not feel productive if there is too much foot traffic and they are distracted. Go through your whole office and look for spaces where they will not be disturbed but they will not feel too isolated either.
Also read: The Top 3 Trendy Ways to Work
- Scatter at different areas in the office – don’t put the floating desks in just one area. The beauty of this innovation is that it can be installed on many types of surface. You can put them against a wall, or if you like, you can even put them against a window, which can be perfect for those who want to have a view without needing a corner office. You can even put one in the pantry, or even the washroom if your workers do not mind getting work done there.
- Choose the appropriate height for the desk – it’s your choice what height you would like the floating desk to be. So you can either try to look at the average height of your office workers or just estimate on what could be the most comfortable height for everyone.
5. Place it near electrical outlets – there are those who might only choose to use the floating desk for only a couple of hours, but just in case some employees would like to use it for longer than that, consider floating desk installation near an electrical outlet. That way, they can just plug in their laptops in the outlet when they run out of battery.