Microsoft Dynamics 365 is about using digital intelligence to transform your business processes to be smarter, leaner and more intuitive: all contributing to effectiveness and success. The benefits of Microsoft Dynamics 365 to your business, whichever niche you’re in, are rich and diverse and directly contribute to your bottom line. Here’s why.
What is Microsoft Dynamics 365?
Firstly, Microsoft Dynamics 365 has no one single identity. It’s modular and therefore whatever your business needs it to be, it’s that. However, in essence, it’s a combination of elements combining to be your Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system holistically and intricately intertwined. The result is a tailored suite of apps which function seamlessly and intelligently across each aspect of the business: operations, sales, customer service, finance and accounting, marketing, project service automation and management; and field service.
The most important thing to understand about Microsoft Dynamics 365 is its modular nature. Modern businesses stumble because of the silos that arise between different business functions. The result is that inefficiencies are rife as systems and data work against each other or require duplication. The modular nature of Microsoft Dynamics 365 breaks down these silos and instead draws functions together into one efficient system.
The result is that the business benefits both as a whole and within the individual functions. You see the better engagement of customers, efficient staff who can drive results, and optimised operations. Let’s take a look at the benefits in more detail.
The Business Benefits of Microsoft Dynamics 365
As Microsoft Dynamics 365 is designed to ultimately create something truly bespoke, the individual benefits will vary to some degree. However, there are some overall benefits that businesses will see when using Microsoft Dynamics 365 for their CRM and ERP.
- The Human Factor: Realistically the majority of errors with data come from the human factor. Your CRM and ERP are only ever as effective as the people entering the information. With a typical silo approach, the possibilities for error are therefore enormous. Create one integrated system which is intuitive and simple and you start to see the errors fall away, and be picked up sooner if they do occur. This makes them less consequential. When software is as easy to navigate as Microsoft Dynamics 365 the data is accurate, and at people’s fingertips when they need it.
- Marketing Magic: Business marketing cannot operate in isolation from the rest of the business yet somehow we often expect this. Marketing should be a tool that works for you and isn’t cumbersome requiring someone attempting to collate a unified approach and message. Microsoft Dynamics 365 means you create natural consistency across the organization and as such the marketing message is simpler. The CRM elements make it incredibly straightforward. Customers expect a clear marketing approach, especially in the omnichannel world we’re in now – everything, therefore, needs to be integrated. Dynamics 365 does this.
- Profitability: Businesses need to keep costs low. With tech, this can be difficult and quickly spiral out of control. Microsoft Dynamics 365 combats this on two fronts: one system built to your needs – you’re not paying for extras you don’t need and reducing costs. You’ll always be working with the most up-to-date version of software rather than ‘making do’ with software which isn’t up to the current job. It’s also cloud-based so you’re never in danger of throwing money at memory hardware, security software, complicated back-ups or any of the other complicated networking you normally encounter.
- Visibility: How many times in a day to day business life do you find yourself unsure of what another business function is up to? No area of the business should be operating in isolation. You’re all working together towards the same goals. This is impossible, with the speed of technologically driven business, without technology to do the job of creating visibility for you. You can optimise systems and remove inefficiencies when you can see what’s going on. Dynamics 365 delivers this.
- Improve Customer Service: The holy grail of all businesses is to continually improve customer service whilst still directly contributing to the bottom line. It’s a tricky one. Accurate and powerful customer service is only possible with accurate and powerful data. Every interaction and every channel that the customer experiences needs to be consistent. Microsoft Dynamics 365 delivers this. This is, in turn, l lead to more successful conversions and consequently, sales.
These are the high-level benefits, but the benefits of Microsoft Dynamics 365 don’t stop there. There are multiple smaller but powerful benefits too.
- Integration: Your employees are no doubt familiar with programmes such as Word, Outlook, and Excel. Dynamics 365 brings these together in a more integrated way to make them all more instinctive with a highly user-friendly interface. It becomes an extension of your employees themselves.
- Data Storage: A huge problem for modern businesses is the amount of data they need to store. It really doesn’t take long until you’re struggling for space and facing costly solutions. The cloud nature of Microsoft Dynamics 365 means this doesn’t happen. Whether your employees are in the office, at home, or on the move, they can access your systems and data from the cloud.
- Social Media Integration: With omnichannel customer service becoming increasingly important it is imperative you have a CRM system which is integrated with your social media. It needs to feed through to your social media so that your brand is consistent and connected.
How to Get Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Your Business
Of course, this can all sound a little complicated to set up. The customized nature of the modules makes this brilliantly unique and valuable, but can be tricky when you’re starting from scratch. This is why it pays to use dedicated experts to create the solution you need. Hitachi Solutions create the bespoke solution you need, using Microsoft Dynamics 365 for all the benefits above.