Either after deleting the data from the disk or after formatting the disk, many times we will have requirements to restore deleted files from the computer. Though we are deleting the data or formatting the disk, the actual data may not get deleted from disk immediately. The file or data is just set to be overwritten. So, if you have not performed much activity after your last deletion or formatting, there will be high chances of recovering your deleted data. Though there are many software’s available in the market for recovering the data, many of them are either commercial or bit complicated to use. So, I was in search of a free data recovery software which is easy to use. EaseUS free data recovery software is one such tool which can help us in all our data recovery needs.
Following are some of the major features of this free data recovery software,
- It can recover deleted, formatted and inaccessible data from the disk.
- It is capable of recovering photos, videos, audio, emails, documents and more.
- It can recover data from computer disks and most of the other storage devices
EaseUS free data recovery software offers different version of the software for recovering data from Windows, Mac and iOS. The recovery software free download has a data limit of 2 GB, meaning you can recover data up to 2 GB. If you want to recover more than 2 GB of data, you can buy their commercial data recovery solution.
Following are steps for recovering the data using EaseUS file recovery software,
1. Select the Recovery Mode:
The tool offers 3 types of recovery,
- Deleted File Recovery: This mode can be used for recovering the data lost due to deletion, formatting, partition loss, software crash, etc…
- Complete Recovery: This can be used to recover the files lost due to formatting, disk’s displayed as RAW, system crash, etc…
- Partition Recovery: This mode can be used to recover the data lost due to partitioning, damaged boot manager, etc…
2. Select the file type you want to recover:
In this step, we need to select the types of files that we want to recover.
3. Select the partition:
Select the disk partition from where you want to recover the lost data.
4. Search for lost files:
In this step, the tool will search for the lost files based on your above choices.
5. Preview and recover the lost files:
In this step, you can preview the all files which you can recover and make a selection. The selected one’s will be recovered by the tool.
The commercial version of the EaseUS data recovery software comes with a 30 day money back guarantee.